As you know summer’s nearly approaching and the heat’s too overwhelming for us to bear. What is summer for anyway? Why do we keep on wishing for it to come?
Well for me, summer is the time of year where you can relax and be stress-free with your school works (in our country, that is) and just excruciatingly enjoy the sun’s heat while having a very worthwhile vacation with the fambam. This is also the time of year where others socialize, make new friends, and even fall in love. But in this blog post my dearest reader, I will share you how to get that summer body you’ve always been wanting to have. Well, I don’t guarantee if this can work on every body but it does work for me (and my mom) ’cause she’s more health conscious than I am. (Did I just say that) SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR GETTING READY THIS SUMMER:
Tip # 1: BE HYGIENE CONSCIOUS.
In order for you to have a very appealing body this summer, you have to make sure that you’re clean and fresh. Take a shower (make it twice a day), brush your teeth, clean your nails, brush your hair, you know the drill. Imagine yourself not doing those things properly (That’s just gross, right?) You can not look good if you don’t feel good.
Tip #2: DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
Water is really good for your body. It makes up, on average, 60 percent of your body weight. It makes your body hydrated, making your skin glow and you get better complexion (Trust me on this) and actually, our body depends on water itself – perspiration, breathing, digestion, everything! And since it’s summer, you really need to drink water for as many glasses as you can. I always drink water before and after every meal (it helps in digesting food).
Tip # 3: SHAPE YOUR DIET BY EATING REGULARLY.
Yes. Don’t even think on skipping meals because that’s very unhealthy. Try to lessen the amount you’re eating though and make sure you eat the right kinds of food. Green leafy vegetables are food you can eat regularly to improve your health and of course, your body! It’s also a good source of iron and calcium. Eat fruits at least in one meal a day. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like fruits or veggies, try experimenting like you can turn them to smoothies, milkshakes, or salads, and many more.
Tip # 4: SHAPE YOUR BODY, EXERCISE!
Each of us has his/her own routine exercise. As for me I’ve been doing some crunches and stretches for the abdominal part only but I’ll try to advise more than what I’m doing. Here goes:
I usually do sit ups at home. You’ll be needing a clear flat area such as a carpet or a rug.
– Lie flat on your back on the floor with your knees bent at 90 degrees and feet flat on the floor.
– Extend your arms and place your palms on your thighs.
– Slowly curl the torso, raising your head and shoulders and sliding your hands along your thighs until they reach your knees.
– Lower your head and shoulders back down to the floor.
– Repeat until you have completed your set. If you’re a beginner with this, you don’t need to rush. You can start with 20 sit ups, 10, or maybe 5. It’s better to do 5 sit ups than none.
– Lie on your left side with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder and legs stacked. Place your right hand on your left shoulder or on your right hip.
– Brace your abs and lift your hips off the floor until you’re balancing on your forearm and feet so that your body forms a diagonal line. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds. If you can’t hold that long, stay up as long as you can and then repeat until you’ve held for 30 seconds total. Switch sides and repeat.
– Stand straight, close your legs and put your arms on your side.
– Gently put your arms up, in a praying position and inhale slowly.
– Lean on one direction (left or right) and start stretching while exhaling. If you feel your hips aching a bit try to hold it as long as you can. That means the stretching’s taking effect. Repeat the process.
CRUNCHES WITH GLIDING DISCS
Someone told me this is very effective and I’m very happy sharing you this type of exercise.
– Lie down with discs (or paper plates) under the heels, hands gently cradling the head.
– Crunch the shoulders off the floor a few inches while sliding the heels in.
– Sit all the way up as you slide the heels in. Lower the shoulders, slide the heels back to starting position and repeat for 1-3 sets of 8-16 reps. Avoid this move if you feel any pain in your back.
Tip # 5: DRESS COMFORTABLY, WITH STYLE.
Everyone wants to look good may it be inside and out. I wear comfortable clothes because I can move and breathe freely with them but I always see to it that I wear them with style. (lol at that) Whatever clothes you’re wearing, be sure to add a touch of class and a dash of elegance and grace in you. Smile. That’s the best thing you can wear. You can also apply make up but not too much (we don’t want to have a cakey face, do we?)
Tip # 6: BE CONFIDENT AND STAY CONFIDENT.
Love your own. I guess that explains everything 🙂 Chin up, smile, and just be your own self.
THIS IS MY FIRST BLOG EVER AND I’M GLAD I SHARED SOMETHING WITH YOU, READER. Have a happy Summer! If you have questions, comments, and suggestions, please do tell me about them. I would really appreciate it!